So much real estate data is public record, but that’s not the case when it comes to agents so I’m going to open the door a little so you can see some of the data behind an agent’s performance numbers.
It’s hard to get an official count of REColorado (MLS) members. That being said, I’ve heard 18,000 thrown around a few times so I’m going to use that as the basis for my analysis outlined below.
- After sorting the data for 2015, I was able to find 12,970 agents having at least one (1) transaction recorded in MLS. This count includes listing, selling, co-listing and co-selling agents.
- Using 18,000 members as my agent baseline, my projection for agents performing zero (0) transactions in 2015 came to 5,030. That means:
- 65% of agents completed 0-5 transactions in 2015
- 14% of agents completed 6-10 transactions in 2015
- 21% - Completed 11 or more transactions in 2015
I’ve highlighted some statistics so you can see the distribution of agents and understand what happens in the industry, but I’ll leave the interpretation up to you since there are a lot of factors that go into these numbers. Just more food for thought when you thinking about the right agent for your needs.
Note: This representation is based in whole or in part on content supplied by REcolorado®, Inc. REcolorado®, Inc. does not guarantee nor is it in any way responsible for its accuracy. Content maintained by REcolorado®, Inc. may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.